Will a lack of breadth in your leaders’ skills hinder your organization from reaching its goals?
Effective organizations invest in the growth and development of their leaders. They proactively plan and encourage them to develop skills to drive better decision-making, engagement, collaboration, and implementation. From addressing business issues through managing change, leaders are continually challenged to provide clear direction, engage and align stakeholders, and foster commitment to actions. This requires:
- Rigour and process in problem solving and decision making. Strong leaders must ensure there is rigour in the identification, assessment, and resolution of key business opportunities and challenges.
- Situational sensitivity. The most influential and effective leaders have the ability to adapt their approach based on both the situation and the individual(s) with whom they are working.
- Collaboration and listening. The best ideas will not be uncovered and heard if a leader does not leverage the experience of peers and teams. The ability to actively listen, understand the perspectives of others, and then integrate ideas and dialogue need to be foundational skills for all leaders today.
- Influencing and advisory skills. The most effective leaders are actively sought out by colleagues and partners to provide advice and insight. They build trust by consistently demonstrating the ability to support the problem-solving needs of their clients, peers and partners.
- Change leadership. When change occurs, staff always look to their leaders for direction, guidance, and commitment. Strong leaders recognize that they must be a role model and actively lead during times of change.
Why work with Blue-mark?
Being a leader in today’s complex business environment is a challenge. We believe at Blue-mark that the most successful leaders actively build and refine the skills sets above. We help organizations enhance the leadership skills of their executives and managers by focusing on transferring our areas of expertise: Facilitation, Business Advisory Skills, Change Management, and Team Leadership.
Facilitation Fundamentals Training
Is your organization looking to get more productivity and value from your meetings and cut down on wasted time? Facilitation Fundamentals Training teaches individuals at all levels how to better design meetings, frame discussions, manage people dynamics, and ensure quality problem solving and decision making.
This training program teaches fundamental meeting design and facilitation skills using a dedicated expert who brings real‐world experience to the classroom. It equips individuals with the leadership skills to effectively manage agendas, engage stakeholders, enable decision‐making, and ensure overall meeting effectiveness.
Participants will learn:
- The role of a facilitator
- The benefits of effective facilitation
- The types of situations that facilitators encounter and techniques to address them
- The different types of group meetings – their purpose, dynamics, and structure
- Meeting planning and design approaches
- Facilitation techniques through practical hands‐on application
- Skills to be a better meeting participant
- More productive meetings
- Better decision-making
- Greater buy-in to decisions
- More engagement in meetings
Business Advisory Skills Training
Given the pace and complexity of today’s business environment, leaders have less and less time to spend analyzing the facts to make optimal decisions. For leaders to successfully address business issues and advance agendas, they require the assistance of trusted individuals to help identify core challenges, provide insights, and structure decision-making.
This course is designed to provide the tools to help team members become trusted, influential, and credible internal Business Advisors. This training instills the skills to successfully persuade and influence others over whom Business Advisors have no direct authority, to build trusted business relationships, and to support business leaders in making optimal decisions.
Participants will learn how to:
- Adjust their style to relate to diverse stakeholders on their terms
- Systematically understand the needs and issues of stakeholders
- Apply a structured approach to decision‐making
- Communicate complex ideas in simple and actionable ways
- Better engaged stakeholders/leaders on their terms
- Due diligence around alternatives
- Properly framed processes and recommendations
- More support on problem-solving for leaders
- Greater impact on problem-solving and decision-making for advisors
- Increased alignment
- Better understanding of the big picture
- Strengthened internal problem-solving skill sets
Change Leadership Training
When it comes to business change (organization, process, or technology) we too often focus on defining the implementation roadmap when we need to be spending our time leading and managing the people dynamics and challenges inherent in change. Leaders, managers, and project teams must prioritize and be equipped to lead individuals and teams transitioning through complex change in today’s business environment.
Participants will learn how to:
- Thoroughly assess the impacts of change on people and the organization
- Meet the core needs of individuals experiencing transition: Direction, Engagement, Commitment, and Knowledge
- Identify sponsors, agents, and targets of change
- Engage management and staff in change
- Communicate change in a balanced way
- Sequence the implementation of change more effectively
- Better organizational change management
- Improved ability to mobilize change and structure projects
- Increased ability to assess the impact of change
- Developed skills to meet the needs of individuals through transition
- Enhanced personal change resiliency and resiliency of the team
New Leader Coaching
This coaching program provides one-on-one leadership advisory support. It helps new leaders better adjust to their new role and better present themselves in an executive position. The program teaches leaders how to build a successful team, set direction, establish effective business relationships, and assess personal leadership strengths and opportunities.
Participants will learn how to:
- Transition from a delivery position to an executive position
- Build a team
- Set the right direction for teams
- Build new, effective business relationships
- Adjust leadership styles to maximize relationships and results
- Smoother transition to a leadership role
- Higher levels of productivity and faster performance
- Access to neutral, objective advice from an advisor who can support and question their efforts
Blue-mark’s philosophy is to pass on their expertise and experience. I was impressed with the practicality of Blue-mark’s training. They are genuinely interested in helping people become more effective. Both I and my internal partners experienced a noticeable improvement in my team’s facilitation and partnering skills.
Business Management Office